Spring: June 9-11
Fall: September 29-October 1, 2023
These fundraising Festival weekends include air, land-based, boat, and adventure tours that provide access to all 11 of the treasured lighthouses of Door County and 3 of our neighbors to the south. Many of the tour excursions are unique to the Lighthouse Festival weekends and provide visitors exclusive access to lighthouses not typically open to the public – Chambers Island, Plum Island, and Sherwood Point Lighthouses. There are tours for all levels of activity and accessibility. Some tours involve hiking. Boat tours depart from a variety of locations around the Peninsula, including Fish Creek, Gills Rock, Baileys Harbor, and Sturgeon Bay. A portion of each Lighthouse Festival tour ticket helps fund the Door County Maritime Museum & Lighthouse Preservation Society.
FOR 2023: Grassy Island Range Lights and Algoma and Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouses are open or hosting visitors!
Click to learn about the 2023 Spring and Fall Tour Schedules:
(Please Note: Spring Tours G & H cruising out of Sturgeon Bay are not yet on sale. Check again soon for ticket status of those tours.)
What To Bring With You:
Arrive at your tour departure location 15- 20 minutes before departure.
• For 2023: If you are sick, or not feeling well, please stay home.
• Bring your own hand sanitizer.
• Bring/dress in layers. Door County weather can change quickly, and it’s cool on the water.
• Wear closed-toed, flat shoes, especially for tours that involve hikes (Chambers Island, Plum Island, Rock Island).
• Bring water and snacks. Some tours include lunch or selling food/beverages. Check each tour’s BYOB rules for evening tours.
• Insect repellent
• Each lighthouse tour ticket includes free admission to the Death’s Door Maritime Museum in Gills Rock during the 2023 season (Open May 1-Oct. 31) Lighthouse Festival Refund Policy – Lighthouse Festival tickets are non-refundable, except in cases where Museum staff, our tour leaders, boat captains or pilots cancel a tour due to safety concerns. This policy would also include cancellation due to the pandemic, as deemed by Museum staff.
Spring Lighthouse Festival – Participating Locations and Hours
- Note: If you are visiting participating locations on your own (not on a tour), there are admission fees at Door County and Death’s Door Maritime Museums, Baileys Harbor Range Lights (pay at The Ridges Sanctuary Nature Center), Cana Island and Eagle Bluff Lighthouses. Donations are encouraged and appreciated at Grassy Islands Range Lights, Algoma, and Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouses.
- Door County Maritime Museum, Sturgeon Bay: 9 am-5 pm, all weekend
- Death’s Door Maritime Museum, Gills Rock: 10 am-5 pm, all weekend
- Cana Island Lighthouse, Baileys Harbor: 10 am-5 pm, all weekend
- USCG Canal Station, Sturgeon Bay: 10 am-4 pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Peninsula State Park: 10 am-4 pm, all weekend
- Baileys Harbor Range Lights, Baileys Harbor: 11 am-2 pm, all weekend
- Algoma Pierhead Lighthouse, stop at the Algoma Visitor Center: 10 am-4 pm, Saturday/Sunday
- Kewaunee Pierhead Lighthouse & Tug Ludington, stop at the History Center, 217 Ellis St., Kewaunee: 12-5 pm, Friday/Saturday
- Grassy Island Range Lights, Green Bay: 9 am-5 pm, Saturday/Sunday