Each Fall, Winter and Spring, the Door County Maritime Museum hosts experts and interesting characters from around the country for the Maritime Speaker Series (presented in partnership with series sponsor Door County Medical Center). The Maritime Speaker Series offers an assortment of monthly programs – from historical topics to current issues affecting the Great Lakes and the economy that relies on them.
UP NEXT – October 5: Fringe History of the Great Lakes , Presented by Jordan Ciesielczyk-Gibson, Wisconsin Historical Society. Zoom link pending.
The Door County Medical Center Maritime Speaker Series programs are the first Thursday of each month, November through May, beginning at 7 pm, on the second floor of the Museum, and online. No cost to attend; suggested donation of a non-perishable food item, or if watching online, we ask you to make a food donation to your local food pantry.
2023-2024 Maritime Speaker Series schedule:
- October 5: Fringe History of the Great Lakes , Presented by Jordan Ciesielczyk-Gibson, Wisconsin Historical Society.
- November 2: Discovery of the Schooner Trinidad: Algoma’s Nautical Time Capsule, presented by Brandon Baillod and Robert Jaeck.
- December 7: World War II and Door County, presented by Presented by Kevin Osgood, DCMM
- January 4: The Search for the Linda E. , presented by Brennan Christianson, DCMM.
- February 1: Native Canoes in Wisconsin, presented by Sissel Schroeder and Tammy Thompson.
- March 7: Freshwater Fisheries, presented by Dr. Karen Murchie, Shedd Aquarium.
- April 4: Bridging the Gap: The History of the Sturgeon Bay Railroad Bridge , presented by Daniel Liedtke, National Railroad Museum
- May 2: Program TBD.
|Additional in-kind support for the Door County Medical Center Maritime Speaker Series is provided by Bridgeport Resort.|